Controller SlimFLEX 5a
The cooling tower regulator SlimFLEX 5a continuously measures and controls conductivity and controls biocide metering, keeps pipework and heat exchangers clean and prevents legionella.
Controller SlimFLEX 5a, the entry level class for cooling water treatment, VDI 2047 Sheet 2 and BLMSchV 42-compliant, the innovative and flexible controller.
The SlimFLEX5a records all the important measuring parameters for cooling water treatment and controls functions necessary for smooth operation:
- Time-dependent biocide metering (boost metering). Checks can be undertaken by measuring the ORP voltage in the cooling water.
- Measurement of electrolytic conductivity – controls bleeding.
- pH measurement with integrated PID controller Controls processes automatically to ensure that the specified values (e.g. pH: acid or alkaline) are maintained even in the event of interfering influences. more in the glossary.
- A web interface for device configuration and remote maintenance is standard, Wi-Fi is available as an option
- Forced bleeding: performs bleeding before biocide metering
- Bleed lock: blocks bleeding after biocide metering has taken place
- Operating status displayed by 6 status LEDs
- Connection to the DULCONNEX IIoT solution, developed by ProMinent.
Field of application
- Control of bleeding in smaller evaporation cooling systems
- Volume-proportional control or regulation of the metering of corrosion inhibitors, de-foamers and dispersants
- Measurement and if necessary control of pH
- Time-dependent metering of up to 2 biocides
- 6 digital inputs for contact water meter, flow detector and control signals
- 6 status LEDs display the operating status
- 5 flexible relay outputs: for setpoint-dependent flow volume-proportional or time-based control of actuators
- Measured variables: Conductivity, pH, ORP
Conductivity: 10 ... 10,000 µS/cm
Conductivity: 1 µS/cm
Inputs and outputs
2 plug-in module slots: Plug-in modules for 2-channel modules: mA outputs, pH/ORP inputs
0.3% based on the full-scale reading
pH/ORP (input resistance > 0.5 x 1012 Ω)
Pt 100/Pt 1000 for pH
Correction range temp.
0 … 100 °C
100 – 230 V, 50/60 Hz, 25 VA
0 ... 50 °C (for use indoors or with a protective enclosure)
Wall-mounted: IP 65
Tests and approvals
CE, MET (corresponding to UL as per IEC 61010)
PPE with flame-proof finish
Dimensions H x W x D
220 x 250 x 122
Permissible relative humidity: 95 %, non-condensing DIN IEC 60068 –2-30
SlimFlex SF5a with LAN (including cable) and Wi-Fi. Conductive conductivity with CTFS sensor
Conductivity (CTFS sensor)
Conductivity (CTFS sensor), 2 mA outputs
Conductivity (CTFS sensor), pH/ORP
Conductivity (CTFS sensor), pH / ORP, 2 mA outputs
Please order sensors separately.
Downloads for Controller SlimFLEX 5a
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.